9.11.10

Andy's Brag Blog

I know I say I don't like to brag, but here's a quick list of recent statistics and accomplishments that make me feel good about myself and how I'm doing:

 1) Current total number of hits on this blog  = 1606  - Now, I just recently stopped registering my own views with the counter, so at least a few hundred of those have to be me...I'm pretty critical of myself.

 2) List of countries that recorded hits on this page = Canada, USA, Great Britain, Denmark, China, South Korea, Slovenia, Spain, Brazil, Russia, Indonesia, Finland, Poland, Argentina, Netherlands, Iran, France, Australia, South Africa and Turkey. - I get the most views from Canada and the States, but there's more than a few countries that recorded more than 10 hits, making me hope that these are people who actually read and enjoy this blog rather than just someone trying to hack me or something...  Paranoia aside, it's pretty cool to think that someone on the other side of the world might like something I wrote.

 3) Had a better-than-expected experience at Central Canada Comic Con 2010. - Of course I just wrote about this last time, but it was great and I can't wait until next year. I'm just one guy (even though I had some help here and there), and definitely the 'little guy' compared to most of the other vendors and artists at the con, but I was pretty happy with how I did. Hope everyone enjoys their comics and figures and stuff! I'll have a lot more up for grabs soon!

 4) Recently taught myself to play and sing "Are You Experienced?" by Jimi Hendrix.  - No, I can't play it backwards like it's recorded or left-handed like Jimi....and I can't do much for a solo yet, but I think I can do a passable version that might earn me a few busking bucks....Not that I've ever actually 'busked' before....the guys you see playing guitar out in public always seem to be either super-good or super-crappy (and/or super-drunk). I'm not sure which category I'd fall into. I've been in several bands and played live a few dozen times in my life, but never solo, so maybe it's time to get out and play. I'll keep you posted if I'm getting anywhere near this....

 5) Basement renovations are 90% complete.  - I can't take much credit for this - I slacked off a lot. I am not a fan of this type of work and I'm not very good at it. A huge thank you to my wife and (especially) her dad for 'gittin' er done' and figuring out all the nitty little details that I hate so much as well as doing the bulk of the work. There's still some trim and doors to do, but it's now pretty functional down there and pretty nice to look at compared to the dungeon it used to be...

 6) My collection of 'Harry Potter' movies is now complete and up to date.  - We recently watched them all in order over the span of a week or two. I enjoy the series a lot (does that make me a Potterhead?), and I'm excited to see the next installment. I think splitting Deathly Hallows into two films will turn out to be a great idea, although I'm saying that as someone who hasn't read the book and doesn't know what's going to happen.

 7) Set up a wireless network in my home (with help) and learned how to stream media and share files between computers.  - Many of you probably have no trouble at all with this sort of thing, but this was another of those 'too many details to deal with' types of tasks for me. It feels good to get it all going and it's cool to be able to manage it all so easily. Let's hope I use it wisely - with great power comes great responsibility...

 8) Earnings in my Google Adsense account so far = $0.01  - Obviously not enough to retire on, but it's all symbolic,y'know? Feel free to click on some ads on my blog - help a brother out, willya?

Anyway, that's an octet of awesome things that are going on for me lately. Hopefully, life is treating you all good too.


May the Force be with you...

No comments:

Post a Comment